Sunday, January 13, 2013

Park Valley 24th of July Celebration

July July 20-21, 2012 One of the highlights living in Park Valley, Utah as a child was the annual 24th of July celebration. This was the event of the year - the one you always looked forward to and talked about long after it had passed. I had always wanted to go back - it has been some 16 years since my family moved from Park Valley - so July 2012 was the year. We traveled out to meet my parents and Jeff. Jackson and Kate loved roaming in the wide open country spaces that are Park Valley. Jason thinks Park Valley is straight out of a movie as my friends still living there don cowboy hats and boots as part of their daily attire and can often be seen riding on their horses. I love Park Valley. It's still home sweet home to me. It was great catching up with my childhood friends - some of whom I haven't seen since we left Park Valley in 1996. We enjoyed dancing under the stars at the Friday night dance, and eating our way through most of Saturday, starting with the famous country breakfast and ending with a Hamdinger (a cheeseburger with a slice of ham on it) and visiting the school I graduated from in 10th grade.
I loved being able to share this part of my life with my husband and kids and having my parents and brother there too. It was a wonderful weekend.

1 comment: