Sunday, January 13, 2013

KCTV 5

Upon returning from our summer fun, I started freelance reporting for the local CBS affiliate in Kansas City. One of their general assignment reporters had a baby and I was asked to fill-in for her. My first day, I was sent on breaking news where a man had forced his way into an apartment, threatening the owner and his children with a gun.
Talk about getting tossed back into the fire. I remember we arrived on scene at 11:52. I had 8 minutes to find out what was going before my noon live shot. One minute before we went live, the public information officer for the police department told me the stand-off was over. So, I ended up interviewing him live and then proceeded with my day of finding neighbors, witnesses, etc. I LOVED my time at KCTV 5. I loved the people I worked with. I loved the people I met. It was a great learning experience and so fun to be reporting again in a large market!

2 comments: