Saturday, September 18, 2010

Salzburg, Austria: Mozart, Sound of Music, Hitler






Tuesday we went Salzburg, Austria. There we toured Mozart's birthplace. I have always loved his music so it was especially thrilling for me. We ate at another fun little sidewalk cafe. Jason and I love these types of places to eat. We topped off lunch with the largest chocolate covered pretzel I've ever seen. Seriously, we split it four ways and still had some left over. While in Salzburg, we also went to see the gazebo used in the Sound of Music. It's as beautiful in real life as it is in the movie. Then we were off to Berchtesgaden to tour the Adolf Hitler museum. I left there feeling such sadness that a man could have such a warped sense of how to treat people. We finished the night visiting this quaint little resort community complete with a lake. Jason got excited looking at all of the ski runs that surrounded it. Boy, does he miss snow-skiing! After driving back to Munich and getting a little sleep, we went to the airport and flew back to the United States. Loved our time there and can't wait to go back!

4 comments:

  1. I just went through and read all these posts from your trip and everything. What a wonderful opportunity to visit Europe. How wonderful! I also cannot believe Jackson is on milk. Big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip!!!! Isn't is beautiful there. How are you feeling? Hope all is well. Keep me in the loop:)

    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful trip! Glad you could get away after a busy 2nd year. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! It is so beautiful, How fun that you got to experience a place like that with your families.

    ReplyDelete