Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nauvoo





Jason, Jackson and I, along with Theresa and her friend Fernanda, headed off to Nauvoo this past weekend to spend some time with our good friends the Wests. We stayed in this old Pioneer house just east of town. Being in a house where the pioneers stayed inspired me and reminded me how grateful I should be for all I have. It made me also appreciate the sacrifices they gave for us. Plus, I couldn't stop thinking about how mothers cared for their children in such circumstances. We toured many of the historical sites - the highlight being going to the Temple Saturday morning. We also enjoyed our tour of the Joseph Smith Mansion House, burial site, and Red Brick Store. I liked the Scovil Bakery, too. We are so glad we were able to spend time with Taylor, Kara, Abby, and William. Jackson and William became good crawling partners. Jackson finally accomplished his mission of spilling Jason's bowl of Raisin Bran all over him right before church. And, as always, Jason and I left one thing behind when we left home this time being our Sunday clothes. Thanks Taylor and Kara for giving us some extra clothes so we could go to the Temple and church. Can't wait to see you all again!

3 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday Jami! I think your 30s will be a WONDERFUL decade for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nauvoo is always so much fun especially when it isn't too hot.

    ReplyDelete