Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Friends

I love being able to reconnect with such dear friends (and family) when I go to Utah. In March, I was able to have lunch with Viola. She was my traveling companion when I was Miss Utah. It was so nice to catch up with her though it was difficult to learn of her mother's health condition. I loved having her meet my children as we spent many nights talking about the family I'd like to have some day and the man I hoped to marry. She has always had such a great listening ear. We were also able to have Mindy and her cute girls Brielle and Chloe over for lunch. Jackson loves Chloe and they were able to have fun digging through Nana's toy closet. I can't believe how quickly these girls have grown up and hope that they get to move to Kansas City next year (fingers crossed!). My best friend Melissa and her sweet girl Whitnee also came over for lunch. Melissa and I have been friends for life. She is always so much fun to be around and is consistently kind and happy. I love that about her. I feel totally at ease around her. The kids and I also drove to Riverdale where I met my two best friends from college: Maika and Holly. These girls amaze me with all they are doing with their families, in addition to winning marathons and triathalons all over the U.S. They inspire me by their determination and goodness. I'm so grateful I was able to spend time with these wonderful friends while in Utah (though there are many others that I'd love to be able to see when we go out their next). I feel richly blessed to have such good people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment