Monday, April 4, 2011

Jackson's thumb


In an effort to get both kids into the car before Jackson could unlock the outside door and head down the street, I failed to realize that he was holding onto the door to help him get down the stairs. So, as I was closing the door trying to get ahead of him to lock the outside door, I heard a crunch. Yes, it was Jackson's thumb and I was horrified when I realized what had happened. X-rays suggest he hasn't broken it but the doctors say you can't really always tell with a child so they put his thumb in a splint for a few days. I felt so bad and haven't been able to get that awful crunch sound out of my mind since then.

5 comments:

  1. Poor guy. I'm glad he only has to use the splint for a few days. Perhaps it might slow him down a little bit and give mommy a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor kid! That is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now read about this. So sad. Hate it when the little ones get hurt. Jaida burned her hand on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww..that look on his face is too much. Don't feel bad. It could happen to anyone! He is so big!!

    ReplyDelete