
I want to remember little things my kids do each day that make a big difference in my life. I'll list a few of them here. One morning I was really tired and Jackson came over smiling and bent down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was as if he was saying, "Mom, I know it's rough being up all night with Kate and then taking care of me when I wake up at 6 a.m., but I love you and thanks for all you do." And, that same day, Kate decided not to nap while Jackson was which meant I didn't get any rest either. But, I did get to cherish seeing Kate smile for the first time. What a precious little girl! My heart also melts seeing the close relationship Jackson is developing with his Dad-dy. He loves spending time with Jason and doing boy things like playing "Oooh" (a Brinton family tradition of being tossed on a bed), having stick fights, and wrestling on the ground. I also love seeing Jason hold his little girl and tell her how beautiful she is. I enjoy seeing Jackson smile when I gave him his first taste of a cookie (a big deal for this cookie monster) and see how protective he is already becoming of his little sister whom he calls with affection Beb-bee. These are the precious moments that make all of those more difficult mom moments so worth it.
Jami I had no idea you were moving to Kansas City. What an adventure that will be! I really feel for you having two kids under two and having Jason gone so much. It's great that you have good help that you trust though (I assume she is still there)? It's sort of funny how with my first daughter I read all the books and thought I would be perfect. With the second I was A LOT more relaxed and taking things in stride. I guess that is what happens when survival mode kicks in. :) I love this post and it reminds me to cherish the simple things. I have started to blog again. Here is the link.
ReplyDeletehttp://happinessisachoicethatichoose.blogspot.com/2011/03/choices.html
Good luck and stay in touch!
I love the smiles that babies give. It seems like every time I loose my patience with Hannah she gives me a smile and it just melts my heart.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are writing down these precious moments. It is fun to read about their younger years as they grow older. I am glad, after the crazy trip, you were able to find a place to live in Kansas City. I hope moving goes well! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis one made me cry a bit as well. It is so special to be a mother. I wish we lived closer. Your love for your family is contagious. Miss you.
ReplyDelete