Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Road Trip

Monday evening we took a road trip. Jason was interviewing for a fellowship position and we decided to make it a family excursion. Jackson - for the most part - was an angel although we will always remember the oatmeal episode at a rural exit in Iowa. Poor guy. I can't imagine what the motorists thought when they saw two parents trying to feed their son oatmeal on the side (albeit safely off the exit) of the Interstate. In our defense, he needed needed more than Similac and Gerber puffs. In summary, ackson and I had a great time exploring while Jason interviewed. We loved spending time together as a family, and I might add, the shopping was fantastic! The highlight of my shopping spree (if you can call it that when the goods were food and buying bulk formula) was going to COSTCO. Yes, COSTCO. I sure miss that store. The closest to Iowa City is two hours away. Anyway, we had a great road trip and learned Jackson can survive sitting in his car seat for the better part of eight hours. Yes, eight hours. So happy to have this time to bond with my two boys.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE COSTCO!!!!! I really wish that they would put one here in Iowa City. Every time I go and visit my parents I always go with my mom to COSTCO.

    ReplyDelete