Monday, February 22, 2010

Jackson's 5 Months Old!





Jackson turned five months old today. At the risk of being sentimental, I can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up! He is changing so quickly. I love seeing more of his personality. So happy to be his mom!

Here are some of his recent advancements:

* He's found his thumb. Here's hoping that he can use it instead of his pacifier at 2 a.m. when he needs to be comforted. More sleep for Jason and me!

* He can sit-up; well sort-of. If you position his hands just so and help him gain his balance he can sit-up for about five seconds on his own. We're making progress!

* He loves to talk. He loves to make sounds: "oh", "you", "gghh", and many others I can't decipher.

* He's sleeping better. For the first time, he slept through the night last week. I woke up startled and raced to his room thinking something had happened to him only to find him sprawled out in a deep sleep. I thought the day would never come I would be able to sleep nine hours without being awakened by my little boy.

* He smiles bigger and laughs harder. He's still my happy baby who brings so much joy into Jason's and my life.

* While he's always liked taking a bath, now he looks at me and gets this determined expression to kick harder and create bigger splashes than ever before. The bathroom floor and my clothes are now quite wet when he's finished.

* He's outgrowing most of his 3-6 month clothes. We're already into 6-9 month, and in size 3 diapers. That's my boy!

* His right eye - which had a tear duct obstruction - finally seems to be opening up. So, say good-bye to the drops and ointment.

Happy 5-Month-Old Birthday Jackson! We love you!

1 comment: